Thursday, August 27, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
We got a call from the landlord today. The damage is very severe and the house won't be finished for months. We have to move. We don't know where we're going to go and we have very little furniture left. Our kitchen was destroyed so we don't have a refrigerator and my mother's bed was destroyed. We're looking for a place now and we're praying that we can find a place that will let us keep the dog. I think I would die if I lost my dog. I'm hoping that we can find something.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
- I NEED a stalker help group! This is serious! I can no longer control myself!
- I had the hiccups the other night and someone suddenly asked me "Where do fish swim?". I responded, "In the sea" and was very confused as to how the question was relevant to my hiccups. I didn't have them anymore.
- If two people who are dating/seeing each other/wanting some action both live with their parents...how do they have sex? It's not like you're in high school anymore and you can sneak home right after school before you're parents get home. It's not like you're in college and you can straight up say to your roommate "Hey...I'm getting laid today. Don't come back until after 4". How does it work? Do you do it in your car? Do you get a hotel? If so then how often? Is it enough? Is it ever enough????
- Update on the Giants game last night...Eli Manning played almost the entire first quarter. I think they put him in because he knew I was there watching. He really does love me.
- After being at a backyard party on Sunday I got a mosquito bite on each foot that have swollen up and my feet now look like sausages. Luckily, I have cute feet so now that they're all swollen they still look so-so.
- If you're looking for some good, clean fun then go on Facebook and change your default language to "English(pirate)". You will not be disappointed.
- Apparently I don't know how to make coffee because every time I make it, it tastes like dirt.
I wrote the previous stuff a few days ago and had it ready to post today. My house caught on fire today while we were all out of the house. The fireman got the dog and the rabbit out safely but our apartment is ruined and we'll be out for a few weeks. I probably won't be around much because we're not sure where we're staying and we have to bounce back and forth with the animals. I'll get back and keep you all posted when I can. Take care until then.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Of course this was meant to be a birthday surprise a month early. They just built the new stadium and tickets aren't cheap. Of course my mother gave me this ticket and I immediately thought I lost it.
Me: Momma, can I see my ticket?
Me: It's beautiful. Can I keep it?
Mom: No, you'll lose it. Leave it in my drawer until it's time.
Me: Please! I won't lose it.
She gave me the ticket. She should have known better. I immediately announced to the world (via facebook) that I was going. Then I thought to myself "I better put this ticket somewhere safe so I don't lose it". So I did. Did I bother to remember where I put it? No.
I went into sheer panic for about 20 minutes tearing apart the house looking for this thing. I eventually found it...it was stuck to the fridge with my magnet (mom's good in that way). Now my room is a mess. It was worth it.
I'm absolutely obsessed with Eli Manning. I cried when he got married after they won the superbowl. I'm waiting for that divorce. It'll happen. I'm sure of it. I just have to be patient...
Friday, August 14, 2009
I'm always talking about my stalking and how out of control it is. I realized that perhaps if I shared with you my methods of stalking then you would truly understand my problem.
I must warn you that if after reading this you are still not convinced that I have a problem then I'm afraid that you are a stalker too. If this is the case, I would happy to hear of any tips you may have to improve my technique.
Here it goes...
Facebook is my main stalking tool. I remember when I first got a facebook, it was not as easy to stalk people since you could only see those who were in your network or your friends. When this was the case myspace was the most useful stalking site. Eventually people caught onto this and began blocking their profiles so that stalkers could not see them.
I, however, found a way around this. I began looking over the shoulders of friends while they typed in their passwords. When the time was right, I would then sign on their accounts and friend request the person I wanted to stalk. Once this was accepted I could use my friends login to check up on them when I felt the need.
I know what you're wondering. "But Ice Queen, didn't your friends change their passwords once they knew you found out?" If they were good friends then they thought what I was doing was funny. If they were not so good friends then I would login to the account and change their password so that only I knew it. This worked well when I was stabbed in the back by a former friend. You should have seen the redecorating I did with her myspace layout. Something about dog biscuits...I can't remember exactly.
Eventually myspace died down and I had to work with what I had on Facebook. Again, the password thing worked for a while until I got sloppy and started leaving evidence behind that I had been on other accounts. The great part about Facebook now is that it's so casual that it's not creepy to request the friendship of someone you barely know. Once you're friends with this person, you're in! This is how I get to see new photos of people who aren't even on facebook. I just friend request their friends who I met once for 15.3 seconds at a crowded party.
The perfect excuse to friend request someone is to take a picture of them while they're out. If you're at a bar with someone and you're not really talking, just take a picture with them. Drunk people love pictures and will smile and pose with anyone in front of a camera. The next day you can send the facebook friend request because you "have" to tag them in that HILARIOUS picture of the two of you from the night before. Once this friend request is accepted, you can finally see what your best friend's ex's new boyfriend looks like (since he lives in the same apartment as the one you just took the picture with...they're all friends already!)
If you're still able to follow this then I salute you. I had no idea that I had this much to say about stalking. I have more information and tips to share with you but I'm afraid I'll have to make a whole other post about it. Sheesh! Now you can see how serious this situation is. Questions? Comments?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
1. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Sweatshirts and sweaters. It keeps my warm from the chill.
2. What are your biggest obsessions?
I have a habit of becoming obsessed very easily with dumb things. Right now I'm obsessed with Eli Manning. Football season is coming up and he's all over the papers and I LOVE it! I'm waiting for that divorce...
3. Who inspires you?
I inspire myself. People can't be trusted with the responsibility of keeping me going. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
4. Who is your favorite designer and why?
Crayola, Mead, Mr. Sketch....what's that? Oh...you mean clothes not school supplies. In case you didn't already know, I'm a teacher. I don't have the means to have a favorite designer.
5. What is your favorite song ever?
I have many favorites but I'm going to have to say "Jesse's Girl".
6. What is your favourite song right now?
My favorite song right now is "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry. Guess what it reminds me of....COLLEGE. I bet you find that shocking.
7. If you were a sweet what would you be?
Oh there are so many directions I can take this in. I'll be good. Cheesecake...mmmm
8. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - what words would you use to describe your rainbow?
I never really thought about it before. I'll have to consult with my friend Roy G. Biv and get back to you on that one.
9. What are your favorite films?
I like dumb movies with cute boys in them...like Weekend at Bernie's. Who doesn't love that Andrew McCarthy?
10. Who is your favourite actor?
Tom Hanks...I kind of wish he was my dad. I think that would be awesome.
11. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
Most people would probably want to be on a beach or another glorious type of vacation. Don't get me wrong...that would be really nice, but I'll settle for my own apartment.
12. What are your 3 favourite smells?
Pumpkin, Secret Crush (which no longer exists because Victoria's Secret likes to think they know what scents I like), and gasoline.
13. What are your 3 favourite tastes?
Salt, potato, and cheese.
14. What is your most treasured possession?
My car. It's the first big girl purchase I made and he's been very good to me.
15. What did you always want to be/do when you grew up?
I can honestly say that I always wanted to be a teacher.
16. If you were an ice-cream what flavor would you be?
Cherry vanilla...that sounds like me I think.
17. If someone made a short film about your life, who would play you?
I actually think about this a lot and I'm not sure if I can really decide. Perhaps Hayden Paneteirre. She's cute enough but I'm not sure if she has the sass. I'd probably just have to play myself or find some fresh nobody to take on the role that with sky rocket them to the A list.
18. What would your perfect afternoon consist of?
Being down the shore and then coming back to sex, shower, and get ready for a night of partying.
19. If you were a flower what would you be?
I would be a red rose because I'm the best. Bwahaha
20. Tell me one random thing... be it your favourite line from a song, scene from a movie or quote from a book.....or tell me about something that you love. This is one of my all time favorite quotes. It's from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Pig Pen looks in the mirror, smiles, and says "On the contrary, I didn't think I looked THAT good!"
Sunday, August 9, 2009
We laughed, we drank, yadda yadda. The funny part came when we went to the bar. Mind you, this was the first time I've ever been in a bar outside my college town. I was under the impression that all bars are so packed with 20 somethings you can barely move. I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but this is not always the case. I walked into the bar and there were men there over 30. It was very strange. There were men in their 50's. Who would have known?
I felt very out of place. I have to say that I was looking cute that night as I do on almost every other night I go out. I imagine when my old high school chums saw me they were thinking something along the lines of "Wow...she's still so hot". Anywho...there were 2 girls there who graduated high school the year before me and one was wearing pajamas! Pajamas in a bar! I was shocked. How are you going to get free drinks at the bar when you wear pajamas?!
Eventually the DJ started to play my jams which include "Jesse's Girl", "Lose Your Love", "Don't Stop Believing", and "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". Sometime in the midst of these classics another girl I graduated with walked in. She had a tube top on and long blond hair extensions (you can't make this up people!). We stopped to chat for a moment. The conversation went something like this.
Tube Top Momma: Oh my God...I'm so wasted. I've been drinking since 3:30.
Classy Me: Wow...it's 11:30. Eight hours of drinking is really saying something. How is your baby?
Tube Top Momma: She's wonderful! I don't have her this weekend.
Classy Me: Thank God!
It really wouldn't surprise me if this girl brought her baby to the bar. I'm serious. Trash...but at least she wasn't wearing her pajamas.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
2. I really don't give a shit about what goes on in this convenience store. I'm only here until my real job starts.
3. You would rear end someone at a red light. You kind of deserved it. I hope you don't have enough money to get your car fixed.
4. The mail came and the check is here.
5. Could you request that your younger son be put into someone else's first grade because I really don't want to deal with you as a parent again.
6. I was stalking you on Facebook so it's kind of my fault she stood you up because I told her it was a bad idea.
7. I'm hot God Damnit!
8. I really can't wait for you to go back to college next month. I have BIG plans for your room! The tables are about to turn.
9. It is not my responsibility to keep you entertained and happy. Your mood changes with the wind and I can't take it anymore. Leave me alone.
10. I'm just not that into you.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Anyhow, the Rules are as follows:
I'd like to get to know you better, answer these questions and pass them on.
1. Who is the hottest movie star?
The hottest? There are too many beautiful men in this world for one to be the hottest. This week I am back into my Eli Manning since he has been all over the Daily News with the Giants in training camp. I would also like to mention Ron Livingston because I just caught one of his episodes of Sex and the City the other night. Yum!
2. Apart from your house and your car, what is the most expensive item you've ever bought?My education...although I didn't pay for it yet. I hope none of you reading this work for Citibank.
3. What is your most treasured memory
College...I'm still coping
4. What is the best gift you received as a child?
When I was younger my father used to stop at the supermarket after work and pick up a little bouquet of flowers for me and I would have them in a vase on my dresser. At the age of 5 I always had fresh flowers in my room and it truly made me feel like a princess.
5. What's the biggest mistake you've made?
Living with someone I once dated. Anyone going into college or who has a child going into college...read this! You'll thank me later.
6. 4 words to describe yourself.
Stalkerish (they can't all be good)
7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008?
I hate to focus on the low but my lowlight of 2008 was losing my dear Nana. She was a treasure if I ever did know one.
8. Favourite film
I go through phases (much like my men) but I tend to stick with 10 Things I Hate About You
9. Tell me one thing I don't know about you
I could tell you...but then I'd have to make a new blog because you would know too much.
10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character who would you be?
I would have to say Cat Woman because my best friend has a fascination with Harley Quinn and I thought that would be cute.
This is one you'll probably make fun of me for...but I haven't been able to get this song out of my head for weeks. Next week I promise something better.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Yes, that's right. I'm obsessed. (At least it's not those damn Twilight books) I remember a few months ago when a friend of mine was telling me about this affair that Jon Gosselin was having and I didn't believe him. Not only did I not believe it, but I became very defensive about it.
Friend: Did you hear that Jon's having an affair with a teacher? That could have been you.
Me: What?!?! How dare you! What do you believe everything you read in the gossip magazines??? You're just a dumb boy! Get a life!
It wasn't until the new season of the show came on that I even believed there was anything wrong with the couple. I remember watching the season premiere with my jaw on the floor while texting and tweeting everyone I knew to see who else was watching. The whole world was talking about it.
Then the announcement came... I was shocked. Usually when things like this happen I'm terribly dissapointed because tv tends to make things worse then they are. I keep telling myself "They're not gonna get divorced...they just want us to think that to spark new interest". How wrong I was.
I'm not sure, but this might be the biggest divorce announcement since Sonny and Cher. Don't quote me on that though...I'm just taking a wild guess.
I actually feel guilty now because I never liked Kate. I always thought she was an over controlling bitch. Now I think Jon is kind of an asshole. I hate to take sides...I don't even know these people. My mom and I actually had a heated discussion about the topic. Then I thought about it. What's the big deal? My parents divorced when I was the same age as the twins and my sister was the same age as the sextuplets. We turned out fine. Most marriages end in divorce and the majority of the people in this world are fine. In fact, divorce has pretty much become the norm. I have friends whose parents are still together and absolutely hate each other and it has to be said that they're not quite right in the head.
I can't believe I just wrote a whole blog about this...
I almost forgot! I got 2 awards!
I got this from Missy. Check her out!
I'm passing it on to RookieBlogger @ Life Uncensored. Check her out! (I would also like to add that she cannot take this award until Monday when her birthday has arrived)
I also got this award from Hit 40 because she claims that I inspire her. I'm not sure what I inspire her to do but I can almost guarantee that our classroom parents would not approve.
I'm passing this one on to Joanie.