Saturday, June 27, 2009
It Takes One to Know One...
I realize that I have not written in a while. The truth is, when I'm not in school there's not much for me to get pissed off at and since there are no young children in my family to make me laugh, my life becomes quite dull. Luckily another Queen has awarded me with this handy little thing so that I have something to entertain you people with (all 9 of you). Is this a cop out, you ask? Perhaps...but it's better than nothing so here it goes...
Here's the rough part...the rules.
1. List 7 things that make me awe-summm!
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I love
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too (and link back to the Queen who tagged you)
7 Things That Make Me Awe-summm!
1. Despite the odds, I have made it another full year teaching first grade and by the looks of it I'm going to get that tenure after all.
2. I'm pretty sure that I am the only one on my street who picks up after their dog. I think many people would say to themselves "Hey, everyone else does it. No one will know if I do it too." While this may be true, I take pride in picking up my dog's crap and love when people watch me do it. I imagine they may be saying something like "Wow, she's so beautiful and yet she is humble enough to think of the rest of us stepping in her dog's shit." It's admirable if not awe-summm.
3. I know the difference between ice cream and frozen custard. I can taste it and explain it. Don't believe me? Custard is creamier due to the fact that it is made with buttermilk and egg yolk. Ice cream needs to be stored at a slightly colder temperature than custard. I also know that if you are eating either you must always use a plastic spoon as opposed to silverware because the metal will freeze your taste buds and you won't get the full flavor of the experience.
4. I can probably fall asleep just about anywhere. I've slept in bathtubs, kitchen floors, kitchen tables, front porches, a movie theater, and even a taxi once....all SOBER and with my clothes on.
5. I remember song lyrics like my social security number. I learn them fast and remember them forever.
6. I have a very high tolerance for caffeine. One time I consumed 5 shots of espresso and 2 energy drinks in one day. I'm sure this will catch up with me in a few years.
7. I just learned now that the word is "espresso" not "expresso". You learn something new everyday.
7 Bloggers I Love...
(Disclaimer: I am not limiting this award to women...so watch out!)
1. Joanie @ Joanie's Random Ramblings
2.RXBambi @ A Day in the Life of a Would-Be Bambi
3. Jaime @ Red Red Whine
4. Otin @ Wizard of Otin
5 Chris @ Maugeritaville
What? Five does not equal 7? Yes, they let me teach children. No, I'm not a total moron. I'm just lazy and behind on my blogging. There are other blogs that I read but they either already have this award or I haven't been reading long enough for them to not be creeped out that this random frosty chick is awarding them with something. I don't want to be that creepy blogger who thinks she knows everyone after reading 2 posts. I'm working on it.