Monday, September 14, 2009
Ode to September
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I've decided that September is officially the greatest month of the year. Why? I've compiled a list.
1. September was the month during which the world was blessed with the birth of a future queen. Me. Since I was 10 I was encouraged to take the entire month of September to celebrate my birthday and have been doing so ever since.
2. September is the month during which my husband begins his season. It's hard with him traveling for his away games but when you're the highest paid quarterback in the NFL you have to make some sacrifices. It's a good thing we're so in love.
3. September is also the start of college football. I'm not a huge fan of college football but I am a fan of my Alma Mater. It's sometimes tough being the alumni of a Big Ten university but I manage. Why? Because we need each other. It also helps that my college is in the middle of the mountains and the ride up there is the most breathtaking thing ever. I'm planning a trip for next week and I'm hoping the leaves are changed enough that I can get some good pics. If not then I'll have to go up there again to show you all photos.
4. I love the change of the seasons. I enjoy summer but towards the end I am ready for a break. I get bored easily and eventually the air conditioner smell starts to give me a headache.
5. I've also decided the September is the prettiest sounding month. I think the "b" is key. September. septemBer. Beautiful.