Friday, October 16, 2009

God Bless Waffle

Otin left a comment on my post that mentioned something about me having pet trouble. Well it continued. My bunny died last night and I miss him very much. I wanted to post something in his honor so I decided to recycle a little something I wrote earlier in the year. It's cute, funny, and will give you a glimpse of the friendly bunny Waffle really was.

(Before anyone flips out trying to say that I "stole" this, I want to tell you that this was on my old blog. I wrote it and yes...that was me.)


...................................................

I have a rabbit and I love him dearly. He is the joy of my life and he's kind of like my little child (since I don't know what it's like to have real children).

That's my darling Waffle and my sister when he was just a baby bunny and we thought he was a girl. About a year or so ago I was feeding him and noticed that he had something near his bottom. "Oh, Waffle! You have poop stuck to your butt!" It was not poop. It turned out that Waffle was not a she but a he.

Since then I've come to accept the fact that he is a boy. If I had known this in the beginning I would have named him Thumper, but that's okay.

It turns out that I should have named him Thumper because he has this habit that he's picked up since going through his bunny puberty...

He humps...A LOT!

I always used to tell people how friendly my pet bunny was. He used to go up to people so they could pet him and he would snuggle on their laps and such. Now he has become a little too friendly. I let him out of his cage so he can run around and he chases me around the room. I tell him, "Waffle, this is disgusting! I am your mother!" He doesn't listen.

This is him eyeing up my roommates ankle.
She had no idea what she was in for.

He spots something he likes...he sniffs a little.
He likes what he sees. He likes what he smells. He's gonna go for it.

He may be a sexed crazed bunny...but he's my bunny and I still love him.

.......................................................

Here are some more pictures of Waffle.

Playing hide and seek

Lounging
Exploring his new homeI will miss my bunny.

17 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh dear I'm sorry to hear about your bunny. I loved your she's a he story. He was absolutely adorable! I'm sure he loved you very much if he humped you. =)

Joanne said...

Aww so sorry to hear you lost Waffle - thank you for sharing your old post and pictures. Last December my son sat up all night consoling his dear girlfriend when her bunny passed away -- he told me it was a very very long night.

Hugs

Crazy Charm said...

I'm so sorry. :(

Mango Girl said...

Waffle crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much my Ponce De Leon means to me.

RIP Waffle.

Hugs to you Ice.

xo, Mango

Anonymous said...

sorry about waffle, that is harsh. i had a hare once when i was in my late teens who was the size of a dog and used to beat on cats and possums.

he died of cancer and the whole family cried for days. x

sAm said...

I am so sorry to hear your loss. Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures of Waffle.

Joanie said...

I'm sorry your bunny died. hugs.

Mike said...

I feel so bad:(( Pets have a special place, they are really family members.

Rebel Mother said...

Ah, poor Waffle.

Some lovely piccys of Waffle though. Good memories.

RMxx

rxBambi said...

I'm sorry about Waffle. Losing a pet is so hard. Have you read about the Rainbow Bridge? Let me know if not and I'll get you a link. It's really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome. I'm glad you have them and posted them.

I'm sorry. {{HUGS}}

Liz Mays said...

I am so sorry!!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwww! I'm so sorry about Waffle! Loved the tribute, though...

((HUGZ!!))

Hit 40 said...

I am sorry....

I can not stop giggling!!! I had no idea that bunnies would hump your leg like a cat or dog does....

OMG!!!

I used to have a cat that would not leave you alone until he finished the hump. If you knocked the damn thing off, he just got ticked and jumped on your leg again and again until you either let it finish or tossed it in the basement.

The Peach Tart said...

Aw. He was so adorable and lovable. I'm so sorry about little bunny passing.

Boozy Tooth said...

From one bunny owner to another... my sincerest condolences! Unless and until you own a bunny, there is no way you can imagine what sweet (and trainable!) pets they are. I've had many... Ophelia, Burgess, Shirleen, Satchmo, Russell, Peppercorn... all beautiful and all special in their own unique way. And all were litterbox trained.

Rabbits are not only cool but very affectionate (obviously!!). Keep Waffle in your heart, but don't hesitate to give another bunny a good home when the time is right.

Sending loving thoughts and warm hugs your way.

Unknown said...

Waffle/Thunder looks like a very cute pet and bunny. I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard losing a loved one in your life - whether person or pet.