Thursday, October 15, 2009

We're Going to Need Another Bucket

Vet Lady: Hello?
Me: Hello. I brought my dog in yesterday and he was put on some medication for an allergy. He lost control of his bladder.
VL: Are you using puppy pads?
Me: Not in the past 5 years or so. He's 6. He usually holds it and goes outside like every other dog.
VL: Oh, so what happened?
Me: I just told you. He's flooding the kitchen.
VL: Does this happen often?
Me: No! That's why I'm calling you (MORON). I need to know if this is a side effect of the medication or if there's something seriously wrong with the dog.
VL: Well what is he on.
Me: .... and.....
VL: Oh...I'm not familiar with those.

............

Awkward Silence

...........

Me: WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD GO FIND OUT!
VL: Please hold....

...............

VL: He should be okay. The doctor says it's the medication.


Well thank you very much. As long as my dog isn't dying. I guess I'll just clean up the pond on my kitchen floor then...as soon as our butt spray wrestling match is over.

I feel like a WARNING would have been appropriate.

12 comments:

Medora said...

That's absurd - then again, there are doctor's offices that have these issues, too. It's not that hard, people, it's just your job! Side effects are good to know ahead of time.

SimplyBillie said...

Yeah, they definitely should have told you about the side effects. Sounds like the vet lady doesn't know her job... maybe they should rethink their staff. Hope your dog is okay!

Joanne said...

Gack --- wish it had been a better exchange for your sake. Thank goodness it is the meds but as others have said a warning would have been nice - very nice.

BlackSnow said...

lol,I would take the dog to the doctor so he would piss on them:))

Hit 40 said...

Very frustrating!! A new vet maybe??

Mike said...

You are having some very bad pet problems!!!

Midtown Girl said...

What an idiot - this would highly piss me off - but you were really nice about though (Shocking...I kid!)

And I hope your doggie feels better - poor pup!

XOXO

Liz Mays said...

What was up with the pause and no answer. I can't believe you had to ask her to go check!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Might be time to find a new vet - sounds similar to the one my sister took her cat to that misdiagnosed the cat...which didn't end well.

Hope your doggie feels better soon and you don't have to clean up ponds in your kitchen!

Lisa said...

Sh.. happens!

White Rabbit said...

Why vet techs and Vet Secretaries don't need a proper education is beyond me. Im glad Im going to four years of school just to work with people like that because I cant afford Vet School.Fantastic

Hit 40 said...

Dog and bunny problems!! Long week at your home. I am very sorry.