Friday, October 30, 2009
This award was bestowed upon me by the super hot Alix at Casa Hice. (She says I'm her hero) I now have to fess up to 10 honest things about myself. This gift was left to me some time ago but I've been having trouble deciding what to write. It's hard to decide what to keep to yourself and what to post on the internet. Anyone else having this problem??
1. I have an irrational fear of birds. (Have I already mentioned this?). I say it is an irrational fear because I have never been attacked by a bird, I've never seen anyone attacked by a bird, and I've never actually seen the Hitchcock film yet whenever I see one I'm almost paralyzed in fear. I don't like their squwak, their feet, or the noise their wings make when they flap. I've cried before because a pigeon was too close to me.
...I also feel the need to mention that I don't hate ducks. In fact, I really enjoy ducks. Go figure.
2. You know those statuses on facebook? Dumb question...of course you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Well, mine is usually a song lyric. I'm not really sure why I do it (we already know I have plenty of my own words). I guess I just find it better to express my inner most emotions through someone else's famous words.
3. When I was in fifth grade, I pulled the fire alarm during lunch and the whole school was evacuated. Everyone showed up. Fire engines, cops, the works. I told my teacher that it was me but it was an accident and the alarm got caught on the back of my jacket while I was leaning up against it. She praised me for being so honest and telling the truth. It was kind of the truth. It was me. I just changed the details.
4. Before the age of digital cameras I used to keep my old film containers and sniff them. I love the smell of a fresh 35mm roll of film. It's simply irresistable. How can it be permissable? It compromised my principle. Yeah yeah yeah... (You liked that right? Robert Palmer song lyrics? I told you I had a problem).
5. I love 80's music. I've said to friends on numerous occassions that I was born 10 years too late. It really saddens me that I missed out on so many great songs when everyone else loved them too. Now when I walk around telling people that when the working day is done girls just wanna have fun, they stare at me funny. Sigh
6. When I sleep, my legs have to be touching something. I need to have a pillow, a chunk of blanket, or the leg of someone else between them. This is not a sexual thing...just comfort.
7. I believe that Yellowcard's "Only One" is one of (if not the) greatest love song of my generation. I was talking with a friend about this the other day and he agreed with me. It's perfect. The video is perfect. I want someone to sing this to me while I slide delicate flowers down gun barrels. There is no way you can argue against how epic this song is. You could try, but you would failAlso, this guy is pretty hot (and I'm not that into blondes).
8. When I was in college my go to soundtrack before a night of partying was New Kids on the Block. Yes, NKOTB rocks my socks! I don't care how old Jordan Knight is. He's still got the right stuff...baby. Love the way you turn me on.
9. It is my opinion that the worst feeling in the entire world is wet socks. Nothing makes me crazier than walking into the bathroom or kitchen and stepping in a puddle of water with my socks on. I need to rip the sock off my foot immediately or I will drive myself insane.
10. When I was student teaching, a teacher said mentioned an artcile that she had read. In this article there was a quote from a high school principal stating that when you are an educator you give up your right to free speech. She told me the thought disgusted her and I'll never forget it because it disgusts me too. I got into a lot of trouble while student teaching for sharing my opinions about people. At first I asked myself, "When did it stop being okay for a college kid to have a hard time?". Now I ask myself, "When did it become okay for an entire group of individuals to be silenced because of the fear of upsetting others?". I love teaching and there's nothing else I would rather do but at the end of the day I'm just a girl trying to make her own way.